Boozy Brownies (Gluten free!) #Sponsored
Have you done your Thermomix meal plan this week in ThermoHub but want a little something extra for the weekend, or want to take along something a little different for adults only at your next event? These boozy brownies (which can be made without the alcohol!) are delicious, gluten free and can easily be whipped up in your Thermomix. The recipe is in the ThermoHub Recipe Hub so you can now add it to your meal plan anytime you want!
Disclosure – this recipe was made in collaboration with Cocktail Traders, who provided the alcohol.
Prep Time: 6min + 20min cooling time after cooked
Cooking Time: 40min
Total Time: 66mins
150g Unsalted Butter
100g Cocoa Powder
200g Chocolate, broken up or use chocolate chips
300g Brown Sugar
100g Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1/3 cup Spiced Rum (we used Gunnerys Spiced White Rum)
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a slice tin with baking paper or grease liberally with butter (not listed in ingredients).
2. Melt the butter, cocoa powder and chocolate in the Thermomix bowl at 90 degrees for 2 minutes, Speed 2.
3. Add the sugar and mix on speed 4 for 1 minute.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix on speed 3 for 1 minutes. The mixture is thick so you may need to scrape the sides and mix again for 30 seconds.
5. Pour into the prepared brownie tin and bake for 40 minutes, until cooked through.
6. Allow to stand for twenty minutes then cut while still warm.
7. You can serve with ice cream, cream, berries, chocolate ganache or eat them as they are.
Bonus tips and variations
- We used Spiced Rum in this recipe from Cocktail Traders and it was by far our favourite (tested with friends). However, you can use chocolate liqueur, Baileys, Kahlua or any other alcohol that pairs great with chocolate. To test which one you like best you can either bake a HEAP of brownies or split the mixture into 4 separate bowls and add 2 Tablespoons of your alcohol of choice to each one. Pour the mixtures into cupcake cases (I used a different colour case for each alcohol e.g. blue for Baileys, red for rum etc.). It made 3 brownie bites per alcohol option, so a total of 12 brownie bites.
- Brownie cupcakes – divide the mixture into cupcake cases and bake for 10 minutes for cute little brownie bites.
- Serve with ice cream, cream and berries or a chocolate ganache. Chocolate ganache is simply melted chocolate and a bit of cream, but for a boozy boost, you can add a tablespoon of your chosen alcohol to match it. Again, our favourite was the spiced rum!
*Cocktail Traders provided a selection of alcohol to ThermoHub for us to experiment with. All of it has been incredible and we have more recipes you should try!
Try ThermoHub for 2 weeks for just 99cents! Check out this offer here.