Christmas leftovers are a wonderful thing! As the cook of the house, I really enjoy being able to send the troops to the fridge to fend for themselves. However, after a few re-do’s of Christmas dinner, it is not uncommon to be left wanting for something a little different! So we thought we would put together a few creative Christmas Leftover ideas. Most of these ideas don’t need a recipe as such and those that do are simple ones that are likely already firm family favourites.
Leftover Ideas with Dough and Pasta
Dough and Pasta are so versatile and best of all they are cheap! Both of which are a good thing after the expense and effort of Christmas day. The list of possibilities are literally endless, however here are a few ideas to put you on the right track:
- Pizza Pockets (total winner with the kids!)
- Spaghetti Carbonara (with turkey or ham)
- Pasta Bakes
Leftover Ideas for your Oven
- Use left over cheeses to stuff a cob loaf like in this video.
- Loaded Spuds or home made fries
Looking for something a little lighter after the food coma of the past few days? You are not alone!
- Simple green leafy salads with your Christmas leftovers mixed through.
- Turkey, pork/ham and veggie skewers
- Lettuce Cups or Sang Choy Bow
- Quick Stir Fry
Not only is Christmas a festive time of year, it is also a highly social time of year. Using your Christmas Leftovers when entertaining (or taking a plate) is a great way to avoid the grocery store madness, reclaim some fridge space and save some serious moola!
- Savoury Crepes – Team up your leftovers (prawns, pork, beef, chicken and ham) with a béchamel sauce.
- Ploughman’s platter with roughly cut up leftover meats, veggies, cheeses and so on.
- Gourmet Club Sandwhiches
- Platter of wraps
- Creative Canapes
- Spring rolls or rice paper wraps
We would love to hear how you are using up your Christmas leftovers either in the comments below or over at the ThermoHub Facebook Group.
Are you ready for the ultimate collection of Thermomixer recipes from your favourite bloggers at your finger tips? Try ThermoHub for 2 weeks for just 99cents! You can access and add Thermomixer recipes from ANYWHERE, allowing you to easily create personalised meal plans, using your families favourite recipes. AND you’ll never have to write a shopping list again! Check out this offer here.
Posted by ThermoHub on Wednesday, 6 December 2017