Immune Boosting AppleBerry Fruit Straps Recipe And 10% off Mavella Superfoods with ThermoHub
How do you get your 10% discount?
It is super easy! Click here, select and add your items of choice to your cart and enter the code THERMOHUB (all upper case). You will automatically see your discount and your products will be on their way to you!
Are your kids on the go all the time?
Mine are too. I do my best to keep up the steady flow of food required to keep their bellies full and their bodies nourished. However, I am busy too. I work, go to the gym (ok well I have a membership … that counts), cook, clean, do the footy run, the swimming lessons and occasionally find time to shower.
There are nights where my goal is just to fill bellies so I can sit down and relax. I am a total advocate of the fact that on some nights grilled cheese on toast is considered a meal. However, I still can’t help but feel a little bad about it. Especially when I realised that even on our ‘good days’ where I have time to cook a meal and it is actually eaten, my kids do not get anywhere near the daily intake of fruit and veg required.
Daily Fruit and Veggie Intake for Children:
Mavella Superfood Powders have been made by two Aussie mums who were facing the same issues that you and I are. The Mavella range is the most potent blend of nutritional goodness of fruit and veg powders per teaspoon available on the market. We are SUPER excited to not only to introduce you to these amazing products but to be bringing them to you for 10% off!
To give you an idea of how packed with goodness the Mavella products are, check out these impressive stats:
Beetroot, 1kg powder = 10.71kg of Beetroot Juice
Spinach, 1kg powder = 20kg of Spinach leaves
Broccoli, 1kg powder = 20kg broccoli
Kale, 1kg powder = 20kg kale
Carrot, 1kg powder = 10.9kg Carrot juice
Cauliflower 1kg powder = 20kg cauliflower
Pumpkin 1kg powder = 7.6kg pumpkin
A few teaspoons of the powders a day in water or milk, alongside their current diet and my kids nutritional needs are met and I am back to being Super Mum! I have also added the powders to Greek yoghurt (very impressive in the fact that the kids preferred this to the shop bought flavours), shakes, baking and main meals. Even the fussiest of eaters won’t know they are there!
HOW DO YOU GET YOUR 10% DISCOUNT?
This too is super easy! Click here, select and add your items of choice to your cart and enter the code THERMOHUB (all upper case). You will automatically see your discount and your products will be on their way to you!
In the previous blog we shared our Veggie Boosted Tuna Bake and today we’re sharing our Immune Boosting AppleBerry Fruit Straps. The amazing colour comes 100% from the Mavella products!
Both these dish has been created by ThermoHub and inspired by Mavella and are in the Recipe Hub for ThermoHub members. Add these to your next weekly meal planner and your shopping list will automatically be generated with all of the ingredients. Join ThermoHub’s special 2 week trial for just 99 cents.
Immune Boosting AppleBerry Fruit Straps
If you can, use trays that have no sides. It makes it a lot easier to smooth the mixture out evenly as you can get your spatula horizontal.
450g apples, peeled, cored and quartered
10g fresh lemon juice
1 tsp raw sugar
20g Immune Boost
- Preheat a fan forced oven to it’s lowest temperature. My oven’s lowest is 70 degrees C.
- Add the apples and banana to the bowl and cook for 10-11 mins/varoma/speed 2 replacing the measuring cup (MC) with the simmering basket.
- Meanwhile, line 2 flat baking trays with baking paper.
- Add lemon juice, sugar and Immune Boost then puree the mixture at speed 5, gradually increasing to speed 9 over 1 min.
- Pour half the mixture onto each of the prepared trays and smooth out as evenly as you can, aiming for around 3 mm thickness (this works best for peeling and rolling once cooked).
- Cook in the oven for 6-8 hours. The fruit straps are ready why they feel dry and are no longer sticky. It is worth taking the trays out of the oven and checking all over, as you may find slightly thicker patches that are still ‘wet’ and will need longer.
- Cut through the middle length wise and then cut each strap to the desired size (10 cm/4 inches works well). A pizza cutter or the tip of a sharp knife are best to cut your straps with.
- Roll up and store in an air tight container with layers of baking paper in between so your straps don’t stick together.
Have any questions, ask away! Have you tried our recipes or the Mavella range? Leave us a quick message and let us know what you think, others will love to hear your feedback too.