Thermomix Eggnog for Christmas in July
Christmas in July is something us Aussies are starting to embrace and this Thermomix Eggnog is the perfect drink to celebrate with. Christmas in July gives us the opportunity to enjoy the more traditional Christmas meals our friends in the Northern hemisphere get to enjoy, without fear of turning on the oven during a 40-degree heat wave!
So here at ThermoHub HQ we have had a little fun creating a Thermomix friendly Christmas in July Meal Plan. Sign up to our free newsletter here and be the first to get your hands on it!
To start with we are sharing our Thermomix Eggnog recipe because really, what better way to start this fun festivity than with an Eggnog in hand!
6 Egg Yolks
200g White Sugar
0.5 tsp Vanilla Extract
0.25 tsp Nutmeg (and a little extra to sprinkle on top if desired)
200g Thickened Cream
375g Evaporated Milk
100g Vodka or White Rum
- Insert butterfly whisk and add egg yolks, sugar, vanilla and spices to the bowl and cook 5 mins/70 degrees/speed 4
- Add cream, milk and alcohol and cook again for 3 mins/70 degrees/speed 4
- To make an alcohol free version of Thermomix eggnog omit the alcohol or replace it with a tablespoon of brandy or rum essence.
- Thermomix Eggnog can be enjoyed warm or chilled. Pop the pre-made bottle into the freezer to chill faster and due to the alcohol content, it won’t freeze.
- You can make your own evaporated milk by simply adding 280g water and 90g of milk powder and combining in your Thermomixer for 5 seconds on speed 5. This will make the 375g needed for this recipe and you can use your leftover milk powder to make your own yoghurt!
- Use the leftover egg whites to make a festive pavlova wreath, like this one:
After more Christmas in July ideas? How about a complete Christmas in July meal plan you can do in your Thermomix? Sign up for ThermoHub’s free newsletter here and be the first to get a copy.
Have you got a Christmas or Christmas in July tradition? We’d love to hear it, or better still see a photo of it!